Hum’s application was shortlisted for ALPSP’s annual award honoring innovative new developments, products, services or projects promoting scholarly communication.
Charlottesville, VA | July 1, 2022 - Press Release
Hum is honored to be one of seven projects shortlisted by ALPSP’s 2022 Innovation in Publishing awards. The award recognizes those who have made innovative contributions to scholarly and research publishing in the past year. Winners must demonstrate originality, innovation, value to the community, utility and long-term viability.
Hum will present to a panel of judges in early July, and again at ALPSP’s Annual Conference in September, 2022, where the winners will be announced. The judging committee is comprised of leaders across professional & scholarly publishing:
- David Sommer, Chief Product Officer & Co-founder, Kudos (Chair)
- Andrew Barker, Director of Library Services and Learning Development, Lancaster University
- Kivmars Bowling, Publications Director, SIAM
- Iain Craig, Senior Director of Market & Publishing Analytics, Wiley
- Richard Gedye, Scholarly and Professional Publishing Consultant
- Athena Hoeppner, Discovery Services Librarian, University of Central Florida
- Robert Iannello, Senior Product Manager, ARM Education Media
- Haseeb Md Irfanullah, Independent Consultant, Environment Climate Change & Research System
- Andrea Powell, Director of Outreach and Publisher Coordinator for the Research4Life initiative
- Louise Russell, Director, Tutton Russell Consulting
- David Smith, Head of Technology Strategy, The IET
ALPSP is the international trade association which supports and represents not-for-profit organizations that publish scholarly and professional content, and those that work with them. Membership of ALPSP is for the whole organization so all employees can take advantage of the benefits on offer. ALPSP is proud to have nearly 300 member organizations across 30 countries.